Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Live Blogging Christmas Eve

So I figured I would get a jump on the Christmas Eve blogging. It is a massive undertaking each year to pull it off but it us so worth it. As you may recall from Christmas pasts, Christmas eve is really the special part of Christmas for me. Sharing all of the food and traditions with friends and family is really important to me, even though it sends my anxiety through the roof. This years menu has a few new things on tap as well as having my mom on hand to help and make her seafood chowder. As I prep and make dishes I am going to try to take notes here.

The Menu
  
Course One
Antipasto
Fried calamari
Fried smelt

Course Two
Salami cheese bread  

Meatball soup.
Seafood chowder 

Course Three
Smoked salmon ravioli
Vodka sauce
Brown butter sauce
Anchovy spaghetti

Course Four

Calamari stuffed with shrimp and crab
Lobster Cheesecake


Course Five
Baked whole fish

3 comments:

Mark Strong said...

Celery and leeks are sauteing for he shrimp and crab stuffing. Turkey bones are roasting in he oven so I can make stock for the meatball soup. The house is already smelling wonderful.

Mark Strong said...

Meatballs are all rolled out and in the freezer. Stock is simmering and smelling amazing.

Mark Strong said...

The dough is rising for the salami cheese bread, the cheesecake is out of the oven and cooling, the squid is stuffed and the remainder is sliced. Next up is getting the vodka sauce almost ready.