Thursday, March 17, 2011

Irish Car Bomb Cheesecake

I make no claim on this recipe. My friend Kris posted a mention of it a year or so ago and this year for St. Patrick's day I had to make it. I have the original recipe posted below. Kerrie does not like Baileys at all so I had to alter things. I did not use any baileys in the filling, I used all cream. To replace the baileys and keep to the title I made a baileys whipped cream, however I used much more than the 2 Tbsp of baileys that the recipe called for. I had some fans in the house so I kept adding more until they thought it tasted like baileys.



* The Irish Car Bomb Cheesecake*

*Guinness Brownie Crust*

1 box Brownie Mix

1 egg

Guinness

Prepare brownie batter as directed on the box of whatever mix you use, but replace the water with Guinness
Extra Stout and add an extra egg. Mix well and pour enough to make a 1/2 inch crust into a greased Spring form pan. Bake as directed until done (toothpick test).

*Irish Cream Cheesecake filling*

NOTE: Bring all items to room temp first!

4 bricks Cream Cheese

1 2/3 c Sugar (less to taste, I likely used about a cup)

2 Eggs

1/2 c Cornstarch

1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 c Heavy Cream

1/4 c Bailey's Irish Cream

First, get your oven ready. Lower rack to middle of the oven. Preheat oven
to 350.
Place one brick of cream cheese in a mixer with cornstarch and 1/3
of the sugar. Mix on low until smooth and no lumps. Scrape down sides of
bowl and add another brick of cream cheese, and repeat until all cheese has
been mixed well and there are no lumps. Add remaining sugar and then add
eggs one at a time, allowing them to get incorporated before adding the
next. Add vanilla extract, heavy cream and Bailey's. Do not over mix once the heavy cream has been added, just mix on low until the heavy cream has been worked in. Pour mixture on to crust in a 9" spring form pan. You are now ready to bake. I baked it for 50 minutes or so. I recommend using a water bath to avoid cracking. I did not use a true water bath as I am paranoid about immersing a spring form pan in water, even with plastic wrap and foil to protect it. Instead I just placed a big pan of water in the oven to keep the environment moist and my cheesecake crack free.

When done, let cool gradually and then top it with the Whisky Glaze.
Top with this Jameson's Whiskey Caramel Sauce: http://www.wish.ca/food/recipe/204/*

You can easily 1/2 this recipe if you want.

No comments: