Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Baked Lump Crab Cakes with Red Pepper Chipotle Lime Sauce

Some friends and I have recently been into the Skinny Taste blog, and I thought I'd share a few of the recent recipes I've made with you; this one being the most recent. We really liked it, the freshness of the lime juice with fresh cilantro was very appetizing.

Our changes: I forgot to buy scallions so we used chopped red onion; and I used whole wheat Panko bread crumbs instead of crushed Ritz crackers. Mark was thinking it could have used that buttery taste of the crackers, and next time he might brush the tops with a little butter before baking. One of the things I like about this website is that she's not afraid to use a little butter, there's no light butter substitute everywhere.

Anyway, I won't reprint the recipe but just link to it:

Baked Lump Crab Cakes with Red Pepper Chipotle Lime Sauce

No comments: