Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Herb "Crusted" Tuna Steaks

I am a big fan of Mark Bittman we have two of his cookbooks that I really rely on at times.
How to Cook Everything and How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
They are both packed full of recipes that are simple and easy to use. No no one will ever mistake me for a vegetarian but we try to eat vegetarian meals a couple nights a week and it is a great cookbook to have for more inspired vegetarian dishes.

His new show on the cooking channel is one of my favorites. I have made a couple of recipes from it. His Pork Pernil which was outstanding and now tonight his grilled herb and olive tuna steaks.


The Tuna was a perfect weeknight meal. About 15 minutes from beginning to yummy. We used a mix of parsley, basil and chives for the herbs. Since we could not find oil cured olives tonight ( for shame Wegmans) we used regular brined olives and mixed in a bit of olive oil.

The residual heat of the tuna is enough to take some of the raw flavor out of the herbs but they still tasted nice and fresh and light. Exactly what I was after. We served the tuna with some steamed broccoli and a favorite preparation of strawberries.

(picture credited to the cooking channel website, I failed to take one. My tuna looked just like this)

No comments: