Thursday, September 2, 2010

Gazpacho

What more needs to be said. When the tomatoes come in it's time for gazpacho. Unfortunately the cucumber season at the CSA and the tomato season didn't really overlap so I had to pick up my cukes at the market. You can find a million variations of gazpacho out there and it really comes down to your tastes. At a minimum it should include fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, red wine vinegar, olive oil, some fresh herbs and bread, yes bread.

If your recipe does not call for day old bread it is missing some of it's roots. I make mine with green peppers, onions, garlic and jalapeno peppers as well.
This recipe  comes pretty close to what I do. I would  replace the cayenne with a fresh jalapeno.

I like to drizzle a bit more olive oil on mine as I serve it. Some fresh bread for dipping is a winner as well.

If you want to get creative try replacing your hot tomato soup with gazpacho and dip a grilled cheese in it. I love it.
Enjoy

No comments: